SYSPRO’s ERP Manufacturing Management Software allows manufacturers to plan, execute & control production more effectively based on a wide variety of manufacturing modes.
Read more information about SYSPRO Manufacturing software for:
SYSPRO ERP Supports Integration across all aspects of the Manufacturing Process
SYSPRO enterprise resource planning (ERP) software supports the control, integration and synchronization of all aspects of the manufacturing process and accommodates both short and long production runs in the following manufacturing environments:
Manufacturers need to be agile, flexible and responsive. Manufacturing software deployed to manage the various processes must allow for synchronization and integration of manufacturing techniques. Whether manufacturing to order, to stock, using discrete or process methods, SYSPRO provides a full set of tools to help you plan, record, track and control your output. We ensure visibility throughout the manufacturing supply chain as well as integration with other systems in the production environment.
SYSPRO manufacturing software improves core competencies such as:
- Managing inventory levels to optimize the competing demands of availability versus cost – Keeping your finished goods inventory to an absolute minimum. This assists in decision-making: what to manufacture, with what resources, when, where, and in what sequence.
- Providing quotes that are accurate and keep costs under control – Ensuring the integrity of cost and profit calculation for bid processes. On confirmation of a quote, SYSPRO provides the capability to automatically raise all supply actions related to fulfilling the customer order. SYSPRO’s Product Configurator facilitates seamless rules-based order processing for assemble, configure and make-to-order products.
- Defining bills of materials (BOM) from simple to very complex bills – Enables the definition of simple single-level bills through to complex formulations with multiple units of measure and relationship definitions.
- Calculating lead and elapsed times, and order quantities – Ensures accurate calculation of lead times and dynamic elapsed times, and assists in the optimization of production order quantities. Engineering Change Control (ECC) facilitates the efficient management of changes to product versions.
- Planning and scheduling of production – Efficient management and execution of re-scheduling activities when business priorities and plans change. Planning features include forecasting, master planning, material requirements planning and capacity planning. Scheduling functionality extends from single-constraint scheduling to multi-constraint scheduling and sequencing.
- Material requirements and capacity planning – Material and labor consumed in production may be back flushed, or, for longer production runs, issued as consumed to work in progress. Work-in-progress inspection functionality enables a product to be receipted against multiple items if grades of the final product vary.
- Managing material, labor and scrap during work-in-progress – Tracks actual versus estimated labor hours. Facilitates material usage and scrap.
- Integrating with CAD and shop-floor data collection systems – Our integration framework enables version-independent integration to CAD and shop-floor data collection systems.
- Cost control and tracking – Enables the capture, tracking and analyzing of job and product costs, and profitability in real-time. Provides expected versus actual costs for material and scrap, internal and external labor, fixed and overhead costs per job, or group of jobs. R&D job data is easily extracted for regulatory reporting requirements.
- Performing ‘what-if’ modeling on material, labor and routing costs – Provides extensive costing control and tracking, including the facility to model the effects of what-if material, labor and manufacturing route costs. Evaluate job cost performance, margin analysis and pricing with full visibility to product cost details and profit margins, including for co- and by-products.
SYSPRO ERP provides Lean Practices for the Lean Enterprise
- Lean Manufacturing
The Lean philosophy is all about collaboration and working as a single unit in the most efficient manner to achieve the business objective – which is ultimately to reduce costs and increase profits. The basic goal of Lean Manufacturing is to get more done with less by minimizing inventory at all stages of production, shortening the product cycle times from materials to finished goods and eliminating waste.
SYSPRO ERP provides Lean Practices for the Lean Enterprise
Lean addresses how processes should work and ERP makes sure the processes work consistently. Few industries today are able to operate effectively without the use of technology and automation built in and around their business software solution. SYSPRO facilitates the Lean initiative with an extensive ERP system that integrates all business functions and provides visibility across all areas of the enterprise so that:
- informed decisions can be made,
- information can be shared, and
- effective collaboration is possible.
From enabling the identification and tracking of non-value adding activities inherent in your current operational processes, to the automation of manual processes, SYSPRO’s powerful functionality provides you with the tools to implement your Lean initiatives:
- Extensive queries with drilldown capabilities enable sales or customer service to see the status of a customer’s order on the production floor and provide them with an expected completion date.
- A number of standard critical ratios are available for the executive to monitor the company’s health proactively with real-time alerts as thresholds are exceeded.
- Notifications or processes can be triggered at critical points in your business process to improve quality and service.
- A key Lean initiative is to reduce inventory levels while improving service levels. SYSPRO supports this initiative with a powerful, built-in forecasting module that takes the guess work out of forecasting. It simplifies the process by optionally forecasting at a group level and by determining the correct algorithm per SKU or group. Accurate and regular forecasting allow for better collaboration with your suppliers and reduces stock outs. Not only does it help reduce your inventory levels, but also drastically reduces the time taken to produce the forecasts as well as the space required to store excess inventory. Perhaps the biggest gain is the fact that reduced inventory frees up capital that can be used more effectively.
- SYSPRO supports the Lean initiative through the use of technology built on and around a solid end-to-end business solution. Technology facilitates automation in the manufacturing arena of the business by replacing manual transaction processing with bar coding solutions; this has the immediate effect of reducing waste and improving efficiency. Introducing rules-based scheduling tools can vastly improve throughput, reduce bottlenecks and better utilize the shop-floor.
- SYSPRO’s technology stack is based on Microsoft’s .NET technology which facilitates integration with disparate systems, offers an easy development platform for customized requirements and encourages open collaboration with your supply chain. SYSPRO and technology facilitate Lean initiatives while improving productivity and providing your company with the competitive edge you need.